INTRODUCTION AND TERMS
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
FAO: Data Protection Officer
Absolute Parking Management Limited
20 Coxon Street,
Company Registration Number: 9654120
I.C.O. Registration No: JA126416
Tel: 020 7078 3965 and ask to speak to our Data Protection Officer
Under the GDPR your rights are:
To be informed – We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
Access – You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
Rectification – We are obliged to correct or update your details.
Erasure – This is also known as the request to be forgotten.
Restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
Data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
Object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – We do not use automatic decision making or processing.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We process Personal data. Personal data we process may include name, address and email address. It also may include IP address and cookies (Website).
We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us to:
• notify you about changes to our products and services
• register you with the Site and to manage any account you hold with us
• administer Site services
• give to companies and organisations whose products you purchase through the Site
• fulfil our agreement with you and to process your purchases and obtain payment
• analyse and profile your purchasing preferences (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to:
• provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Site
• review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme(s)
• make decisions about you using computerised or automated technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have
• keep you informed of such products and services (including products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
• telephone (including automated calls)
• SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
• other appropriate means of communication.
We may also share it with:
• the Payment Processor for processing any online payments;
• the British Parking Association for the purpose of audit of our car park management service;
• the driver vehicle licence agency (DVLA) for the purpose of audit of our car park management service;
• the Parking On Private Land Appeals (POPLA) Service for the purpose of assessing your appeal;
• print and mail service providers for the purpose of responding to your appeal by post;
• email service providers for the purpose of responding to your appeal by email;
• credit reference agents for the purpose of ensuring we are writing to you at your most recent correspondence address, if you have not replied to other correspondence;
• collection agents for the purpose of enforcing a parking contract;
• solicitors for the purpose of enforcing a parking contract or responding to a legal query; or
• any other duly authorised sub-contractors,
and that they are all duly authorised processors of that data for the purposes intended.
HOW YOUR DATA WILL BE USED
We use information held about you to:
ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices;
provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interests;
carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so, e.g. asking a question through our website.
carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure; and
notify you about changes to our services
We also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you.
We will keep your information within the ‘organisation’ except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (data processors) to supply and support our services to you. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Please see below the list of services where we use third party data processors which sets out the categories of recipients of personal data.
IT Provider – Cloud Service – IT Support
Secure document disposal service
Internal HR systems provider
Cleaning service (Offices)
LEGITIMATE INTEREST & MARKETING
Where we use Legitimate Interests we will record our decision and our method on making this decision. This can be requested by you at any time.
If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by postal and electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by post or electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can choose to not receive these types of communication by contacting us.
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other companies and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority in response to any request including requests in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
Our data retention policy is dictated by the Data Protection Laws and is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details provided in this policy. You will need to pay a £10 fee to meet our costs in providing you with these details.
Under GDPR you have the right to erasure under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.
We will correct or update your data without delay provided you make the request in writing to the contact details provided in this policy, clearly specifying which data is incorrect or out of date. You may need to pay a £10 fee to meet our costs in providing you with these details.
We strive to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal data. Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal data by making a formal request under the Data Protection Laws. Such requests must be in writing to the contact details provided in this policy. If we do hold your personal data we will respond in writing within one calendar month of your request (where that request was submitted in accordance with this policy).
The information we supply will:
Confirm that your data is being processed;
Verify the lawfulness and the purpose of the processing;
Confirm the categories of personal data being processed;
Confirm the type of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, and
Let you have a copy of the data in an intelligible form.
Please note that you may need to provide identification in order to prove who you are to access your data.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
In the instance that we do not hold information about you, we will also confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.
Where is our data stored?
Our servers are located in secure hosting centres all around the world. Their exact locations are kept secret for security reasons.
Can any other users of Absolute Parking Management Limited access our information?
No absolutely not. Each Absolute Parking Management Limited client has their own storage area on our servers and a unique database. This means that when you log in you are connected to your database and have no physical way of seeing another users information. Likewise, no one else can see yours.
How secure is our data?
Absolute Parking Management Limited is hosted on its own servers that are not shared with any other applications or company. We use the highest industry standard security measures, to ensure that your connection to the server is encrypted and cannot be read by others. We use the same methods used by banks for online banking and card payments.
Our highly experienced engineers monitor the systems using a variety of methods 24/7 for reliability and security.
Do you back up our data?
All the data on Absolute Parking Management Limited is backed up daily using very specialised backup procedures. All backups are done over connections that are encrypted, to a highly secure backup facility.
How do I know you are on top of your security?
A fair question. We have a very experienced team with a background in corporate computing and data centre management. We also employ a specialist third party to scan our system every single day for all known and emerging security weaknesses.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and you should check back regularly to ensure you are aware of changes to it. We may display this notice to you from time to time to help ensure you are aware of its contents.
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above. If you are still unsatisfied, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.